Claims Clerk Reporting:
Claims Manager Duty Station:
- Register claims in manual register and Premia within 24hrs of notice
- Open and maintain claim files in order of claim numbers
- Contact insured or other involved persons and obtain missing information
- Prepare and review insurance claim forms and related documents for completeness
- Post or attach information to claim file
- Provide customer information such as giving limited instructions on how to proceed with claims or providing referrals to auto repairers or local contractors
- Getting information – observing, receiving and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
- Processing information – compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing or verifying information or data
- Evaluating information to Determine Compliance with standards – using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations or standards.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems – analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Communicating with Persons Outside the Organization – communicating with people outside the organization, representing the company to customers and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in writing or by telephone or email.
- Performing Administrative Activities – Performing day to day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Documenting / Recording information – entering, transcribing, recording, storing or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Analyzing data or information – identifying the underlying principles, reasons or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Interpreting the meaning of information for others – translating or explaining what information means and how it can be used.
- Speaking – talking to others to convey information effectively
- Active Listening –giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Mathematics – using mathematics to solve problems
- Reading Comprehension – understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Writing – communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Grade Twelve with Five credits including Mathematics and English
- CII Insurance Certificate / Diploma will be an added advantage
- No experience required
- Less than 25 Years of age
Expected to complete ACII within 2 years of engagement
Apply to : info@Phoenixzambia.com
not later than 26/03/2017